The Delocious Seviyan ki Kheer is traditionally Indian famous dessert. This is an easy and quick recipe you can make at home and enjoy with Family & Friend. You can make this dessert for some special occasion. Basic seviyan is made with milk, seviyan and sugar, and then flavored with cardamom. Garnish with sliced almonds and pistachios and you have a delicious dish!
Seviyan Kheer – Vermicelli in Milk, Indian Desert Recipe by Manjula
Here is the complete detail of Seviyan ki Kheer recipe
- 1/2 cup sevia roasted and broken (vermicelli) available Indian grocery stores
- 7 cups milk
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon cardamom powder (ilachi)
- Pinch nutmeg (jaiphel)
- About 10-12 saffron strings
- 2 tablespoons sliced or crushed almonds
- 1 tablespoons sliced or crushed pistachios for garnishing
How to make
- Use a nonstick or heavy bottom frying pan to make a seviyan kheer. Add the seviyan and roast them for about two minutes on medium low heat.
- Add the milk and increase the heat to medium high. After milk comes to boil reduce the heat to medium. Let the milk boil for about 30 minutes, until the milk is creamy and reduced to almost half. Stir often to ensure the milk does not burn in the bottom of the pan, and also keep scraping the sides of the frying pan.
- Add the sugar, saffron, cardamom, nutmeg, and almonds. Let the seviyan kheer simmer over low heat for about 5 minutes.
- Turn off the heat.
- As seviyan kheer cools it will become thicker in texture.
- Garnish with pistachios. Seviyan can be served chilled or warm.
Hope you enjoy the delicious dessert with your family, friends and love one. Don’t forget to give your valuable reviews in the comment section below.