Old Monk Rum known as ‘OMR’ is an iconic vatted Indian dark rum, launched on 19 December 1954. The Dark Rum have variety of vanilla flavor and it has 42.8% alcohol content.
The delicious, dark, caramel-nosed, vanilla-and-spice-mouthed desi rum, distilled from sugarcane molasses, has been the country’s widest-selling liquor brand for decades. It is sold in six size variants: 90 ml, 180 ml, 375 ml, 500 ml, 750 ml, and 1 liter bottles. Old Monk had been awarded gold medals at Monde World Selections since 1982. Old Monk Rum is manufactured in Ghaziabad, Uttar Pradesh and available in all parts of India. There is no advertising, its popularity depends on word of mouth and loyalty of engineers.
The sadness started before joining the engineering college. Old Monk is one of the most affordable hard drinks in the market and an all-time college favorite. Engineering students have demanded ‘Old monk’ the popular rum brand as the national drink. Weekends used to hold the same value if not more back in engineering college, when friends were many, the alcohol was Old Monk (because nobody else embodies the spirit of eternally broke college students better than engineering students) and the moods were varied. Be it heartbreak, or bad grades, fight with a close friend, or Sucky hostel food – Old Monk was always there to save the day.
Here are 10 Excellent Reasons to Drink Old Monk Rum
1. Engineers have actually campaigned to make Old Monk the national drink of India
2. People get poetic when they drink it
3. Your Best Friend during the Worst Breakup
4. Old Monk is such a hit, it has sequels : Two more variants of the happy juice have hit the market. One is called “Old Monk Gold Reserve” and the other “Old Monk Supreme.”
5. Winter Is Your Favorite Season Because It Means Old Monk
6. A small peg can actually help reduce anxiety and give you a good night’s rest.
7. It keeps diseases like diabetes under control.
8. Old Monk has legendary medicinal properties : Take it for anything from a running nose to scurvy.
9. You can have it any way you please : You can drink it anytime and with anyone. You can have it neat, with Coke or with soda. You can have it in happiness or in sadness, to celebrate the present or to forget the past.
10. If Old Monk likes you, no damsel in the world can take your place.
That’s how awesome Old Monk is! Love is Old Monk, Old Monk is love.